Car Shipping Tips
Looking for a reliable car shipping company may be a stressful task, until you find the right tools! Nowadays there are on-line forums where you can find consumer reviews. Auto Transport Association can help with this. Take a look at our customer reviews or company reviews to find out what shipping recommendations you can obtain from previous customers.
Online search can be very helpful! Be sure to use key words to find real car carriers and well established car shipping companies. The internet is a great free tool, search for keywords like car transport, auto transport, car shipping, auto shipping, vehicle relocation, in Canada. You can enter filters in your search so you can look for your own city such as: car shipping Toronto or car shipping Vancouver. This way you will be able to find the best Canadian car carriers in your area.
Things to look for:
- You can Google car shipping companies based in Canada, from local, provincial, or international car haulers.
- Try to look for car carriers with at least 2 years of experience in the business, or carriers that are well established.
- Look for on-line vehicle transport reviews. In Canada the Auto Transport Association can provide you with the car shipping reviews from our carriers. You can also submit your own personal experiences with car shipping companies in Canada.
- Keep in mind that cheaper does not mean better, do not risk your vehicle’s safety to save money as it could cost you a lot more in the end. Look for the best transport company that suits your needs.
Know exactly what you need, this way you will be able to ask for specific services. If you are not sure of what you require, Auto Transport Association would be happy to explain the procedures so that you can have a great auto shipping experience. We have shipping recommendations, shipping requirements, shipping tips, and shipping procedures, among others.
Most companies these days offer instant quotes, and it is a good idea to request quotes and verify the full cost. Usually companies do not include fuel surcharge or taxes, pay attention to this! Fuel surcharge and taxes are two things we cannot avoid when shipping. If you need to learn more about these extra charges feel free to contact us and we will explain them to you.
Try to verify that the company is a registered car carrier; ask about insurance, and vehicle shipping processes in Canada. They must have at least these three types of insurance: Cargo Insurance, Liability Insurance and Garage policy. Request insurance certificates from the car shipping carrier.
- Car carriers should also have the documents and cargo insurance coverage.
- The auto transport company is obligated to have well trained and professional drivers that will take care of your vehicle.
- Be sure to ask all of the questions you have, there are no senseless questions. The company chosen should be able to address all of your inquiries.
- Always balance the price of shipping with the benefits being offered.
- Make sure that the company and you understand the same thing, double check addresses, prices, services, units, etc.
- You can also request a free shipping quote which will be provided by the best Canadian companies specialized in auto transport in Canada.